The N.S.S. is part of the Development of Youth Affairs and Sports under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The objective of this scheme is personality development of students through service to the community by awakening their social consciousness. There are 2 units with hundred students and they are given training and opportunities to work with and among village people. It provides them with opportunities:-
- 1. To discover and develop their hidden talents.
- 2. To gain skills in democratic leadership
- 3. To engage themselves in creative and constructive social work.
- 4. To participate in intercollegiate, inter-university and inter-state camps.
- 5. To become paid social workers.
NSS Program Officer:
Prof. Pinaki Ranjan Das